Where is the world of work going – becoming better or worse, or both? How families cope with the changing working life? What does it mean that schedules are softening?
How does ICTs change social relations – does it ease the interplay of work and family? Are social services able to meet the needs of individuals and families?
These are all relevant questions to my research. My research has concentrated on the following themes:
- work, new forms of working
- work and family
- quality of work
- 24/7 -economy and family life
- time at work and working time
- ICTs and social relationships
- ICT and time
- active labour market policy
- social services
- gender and work
- EU comparative research on working time
- quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Research involves much more than just reading theory, analyzing data and writing research findings., find out more on my activities.
Read here on my current projects:
- Family ties – Schedules, time negotiation, time coordination and ICT in families.
- Academy Research Fellow project 2015-2020, PI Mia Tammelin
- See publications, click here
- Flexlife – Temporal flexibility of work and its effect on later work and family life research project.
- Academy of Finland funded (2014-2018), collaboration between the University of Tampere and University of Jyvaskyla. PI professor Jouko Nätti.
- See more on the project website.
Currently I work at the University of Jyvaskyla, Department of Social Sciences and Philosophy. I am part of three research groups in within the department: